Monday, September 3, 2012

Slow-cooked pulled beef enchilada burritos

I promise to post a photo of these when I can, but let me tell you, if you have any steak hanging out in your freezer that you have forgotten to use - I strongly urge you to try this DEEEEEEE-LICIOUS recipe!! It started when I found some packaged steak nearly a year old behind something else in my deep freezer that kept it hidden. I know they wouldn't be fabulous on the grill at that point - so I decided to take a chance and try SLOW COOKING the steaks in enchilada sauce to use for nearly 7 hours. I took the 3 frozen steaks, placed them in the crock pot on high for 7 hours in a large can of enchilada sauce so that all the meat was fully covered. Then I let it cool & placed in the fridge to work with the next day. After living in the fridge, the meat was completely cooled & easy to pull apart by hand. I added in some of the enchilada sauce I cooked it in to give the meat a little moisture then warm it up a bit. I sampled some.... YUMMY!!!!! To finish off the most delicious burritos I have EVER made, here is what I did. Cooked up a packet of Spanish Rice & let cool. 1/2 package of cheddar or fiesta blend shredded cheese 10 Burrito size flour tortillas 1 can refried beans Use enough of the leftover enchilada sauce to place in the bottom of the casserole dish you will use to bake the burritos. Spoon & spread refried beans onto the burrito tortilla. Then spoon on some spanish rice. And then the pulled meat. Roll up on both sides & place in dish. Repeat until all meat has been used. Sprinkle 1/2 package of shredded cheese on top of the burritos. Bake in oven for 10 - 14 minutes until cheese is melted. To top them off, I used some rotel-cheese-dip!! Makes them HEAVENLY!!!! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment