Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hashbrown Egg Omelet "Muffins"


Chef Kodi Wilson

Saw a version of these on Pinterest, so I decided to try them. Hubby liked them, so they at least taste good. BUT I wish the hashbrowns would have stayed crispier after added the egg layer was added. But these will heat up nicely on our way out the door in the mornings on the way to work!

I tried a few versions: one egg in the cup (which was nice with some toast since they come out over-easy), Plain scrambled come out good, scrambled with some milk comes out nice and fluffy. Since I was going to all this trouble to make them, I grabbed enough ingredients to make 2 pans to bake at the same time.

Ingredients:
1 bag hashbrowns (I only used about 3/4 of the bag
Canola oil spray
1 dozen large eggs
1 bag shredded cheese of choice
1/2 diced green bell pepper
1/4 C diced onions
Fully cooked bacon
Spicy Tony Cachere's
Salt
Pepper

Spray muffin tins really well. Really well if it's an old pan, or they will stick.

Put 3/4 bag hashbrowns in a large microwaveable bowl. Heat in 45 second increments until unthawed and somewhat sticky or even mushy. Sprinkle with desired amount of seasonings. Press into oiled muffin tins. Bake at 425 for 15 - 18 minutes until desired crispiness. I added sprinkles of cheese before baking, thinking it might help get the potatoes to stick together easier.



Reduce oven to 350. Add scrambled eggs or a whole egg - whatever you desire. To the scrambled, I also added the bell pepper & onions to make it more like an omelette. Then I topped with the cooked bacon a sprinkled some cheese on top.Bake for another 13 - 15 minutes until desired level of doneness is achieved.



Prep photo

No comments:

Post a Comment