Monday, February 6, 2012

Susan's Cowboy Stew


Original recipe: Susan Rinehart Betschart
This is a great easy meal, especially yummy for a cool night.
1 lb ground beef
2 medium potatoes, diced
1/4 C sliced onion
1 can of your favorite beans
(pork & beans are what mom uses, I like Steakhouse Grillin' Beans)
2 TB ketchup
1 TB A-1 sauce
1 TB Worcestershire
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Garlic salt to taste

So I brown up the diced potatoes and onions first and season with salt, pepper & garlic salt until they are soft. I set them aside while I brown the ground beef. Then I brown the beef, drain and season to taste. Then I add it all the rest of the ingredients in one skillet and cook over medium for about 5 minutes to mix in all the flavors a bit. Super filling, boys love it:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment